Europolitan Vodafone buys 3G transmission equipment from Ericsson

Europolitan Vodafone has chosen Ericsson to supply transmission equipment for its 3G network. The agreement entails the supply of transmission nodes for Europolitan Vodafone’s 3G network in Stockholm, Gothenburg, Malmö and Karlskrona.

The equipment will be used in the construction of Europolitan Vodafone’s 3G infrastructure in Stockholm, Gothenburg, Malmö and Karlskrona (covering at least 30 per cent of the Swedish population). No supplier has yet been chosen for the remainder of the infrastructure, which is being built by the joint company co-owned by Europolitan Vodafone and Hi3G and known as 3G Infrastructure Services AB.

"Ericsson has been one of our major suppliers for many years," says Europolitan Vodafone’s CEO Jon Risfelt. "The company has supplied us with several systems where quality and reliability were crucial, including most of Europolitan Vodafone’s transmission equipment for the GSM network and terminal equipment for our Wireless Office."

"We are delighted with Europolitan Vodafone’s choice of Ericsson as 3G equipment supplier for its network," says Ericsson Sweden’s MD Steinar Tveit. "We see this as consolidating our long-term collaboration with Europolitan Vodafone."

Transmission nodes are the units in the 3G network that connect the base station and switch networks via fibre cable.

For further information, please contact:
Jon Risfelt,
CEO, Europolitan Vodafone
Tel: +46 708 33 10 01, e-mail:
jon.risfelt@europolitan.se

Johan Holmgren, Director of Public Relations, Europolitan Vodafone
Tel: +46 708 33 14 00, e-mail:
johan.holmgren@europolitan.se

Europolitan Vodafone is a mobile operator with a license to build 3G mobile telecoms networks. Our strength lies in our focus on developing international services, service and quality. Europolitan Vodafone employs some 1,400 people and is listed on the Attract 40 list of the OM Stockholm Stock Exchange through Europolitan Holdings AB. The company's majority owner is Vodafone of the UK, with 71 per cent of Europolitan Holdings AB. The remaining 29 per cent is owned by private shareholders, investment companies and pension funds. The Vodafone Group is represented on 5 continents and has around 80 million customers (proportional number of customers calculated on the basis of ownership). For more information, please visit www.europolitan.se and www.vodafone.com.



This information was brought to you by Waymaker http://www.waymaker.net

The following files are available for download: